As promised, here is the big compilation of all the “If I Were Perry Minasian” pretend General Manager articles presented in order of publication. But first, let’s recap what Perry himself actually did.
- Signed Noah Syndergaard for 1 year at $21 Million.
- DFA Junior Guerra and eventually released him.
- Outrighted Chad Wallach.
- Signed Aaron Loup for 2 years at $17 Million total.
- Traded for Tyler Wade, who still has an option and was estimated to make about $750,000.
- DFA Kean Wong and eventually released him.
- DFA Hector Yan and outrighted him.
- Signed Michael Lorenzen for 1 year at $6.75 Million.
- Signed Raisel Iglesias for 4 years at $58 Million total.
- Non-tendered Phil Gosselin.
- DFA Sam Selman (still pending)
Oh! and back in October he outrighted Franklin Barreto who elected minor league free agency. Now for the article links:
I still think we could have fun with another crack at what Perry should do to fill the roster now. Say we each have about $10-12 mil to spend to finish up the team. What would you do with that? Sound interesting?
Including a super spender option where the Angels actually jam up spending $15 million over last years budget. (The Santa Arte edition )
At this point, write what you like. Just announce your assumptions and methods so there is some rhyme and reason to the articles.
I know the aim is not to match what the real Perry does, but maybe entertaining to see who ended up the closest to what actually happened.
“And the actual retail price, without going over, is…”
I prefer “$1 Bob”
Thought we were waiting for the 2002 version! 🤣
I’m sure the picture book will be out any day now…
Not sure but maybe his crayon broke?
No worries. I can edit him in.