I did it. I asked the droid for advice. It gave me advice along the lines of the average boring blogger out there. everything I ever aspired to as a sports blogger is antithetical to this presentation of information but I post it here for historical sake. And it might be right!
MY PROMPT TO THE AI:
What are the likeliest scenarios for the Los Angeles Angels to win the American League West in 2023?
HERE IS THE RESPONSE:
As an AI language model, I don’t have access to current or future sports data. However, I can provide some general information on the Los Angeles Angels and what they might need to do to improve their chances of winning the American League West in 2023.
- Improved Pitching: The Angels’ pitching staff has struggled in recent years, ranking near the bottom of the league in most statistical categories. If they can acquire or develop quality starting pitching, it would significantly increase their chances of winning the division.
- Strong Offense: The Angels have a potent offense with players such as Mike Trout, Shohei Ohtani, and Anthony Rendon. If these players can stay healthy and productive, it would go a long way towards securing a playoff spot.
- Better Defense: The Angels have also struggled defensively in recent years, ranking near the bottom of the league in defensive efficiency. Improving their defense would help prevent runs and increase their chances of winning close games.
- Competitive Division: The American League West is a highly competitive division with teams such as the Houston Astros, Oakland Athletics, and Seattle Mariners. The Angels will need to consistently win games against these teams to have a chance at winning the division.
- Good Management: Good decision-making from the front office, coaching staff, and players can go a long way towards winning games and securing a playoff spot.
Overall, the Angels will need to address their weaknesses and play to their strengths to have a chance at winning the American League West in 2023.